ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS & ENTRY FEES
Each library, composer and/or other individual applicant is limited to five (5) submissions per category (regardless of distributer).
Production Music Track of the Year
Each track submitted must have been commercially released by a current, active and operational production music library to be eligible. Award eligibility is not limited by age of track release. Tracks are eligible regardless of whether they have been licensed or not.
Best Use of Production Music
To be award-eligible, submissions must have been publicly released.
Best Cover Art
The cover art submitted must have been commercially released by a current, active and operational production music library to be eligible. Award eligibility is not limited by age of release.
Entry fees are required only for Production Music Track of the Year and Best Use of Production Music In categories:
PMA Member Benefits:
- PMA members in good standing are entitled to one free entry (with a minimum of three entries).
- PMA members in good standing are entitled to a 30% discount to entry fees.
- A single entry in the first category: $122.50
- The same entry in additional categories: $87.50
- A single entry in the first category: $175.00
- The same entry in additional categories: $125.00
First submission date: May 16, 2022
Submissions close: July 31, 2022
Please send one check payable in US dollars, for the total amount of the entry fees. Entry fees may be paid online by credit card, and will be assessed a 3.25% processing fee. For international entrants wishing to pay via wire transfer, please call 310-913-2289 for details.
Checks should be made payable to the Production Music Association and sent along with a copy of your invoice to:
The Production Music Association
C/O The Mark Awards
2046 HILLHURST AVE
LOS ANGELES, CA 90027
Late entries are assessed a $35 processing fee per entry.
Entry fees are non-refundable. PMA is not responsible for incorrect or incomplete entries.
JudgingThe PMA is proud to honor the best in production music with the seventh annual Mark Awards. The Mark Awards committee seeks judges that have a minimum of 3 years experience in licensing/creating production music. Judges must sign an affidavit that they have no "conflict of interest" in any of the entries. Judges listen to each entry in their entirety and rate on both creativity and execution. Each entry is judged solely on its own merit and are not judged against each other.
Criteria for Judge Selection (A total of 10 judges will be selected by the Committee):
- No fewer than five years experience in the industry
- Education in the industry a plus
- Must commit to listening to all 250+ submissions x 3 min. tracks
- Must commit to a total of 2-3 days for judging (include start / end dates)
- Must commit to signing an NDA
- Half of the submissions will be delivered to five of the judges, the other half to the remaining five judges
- The track provided will not contain the name of the composer nor will it contain the name of the company - the track identifier will be a number
- All submissions are scored by no fewer than five judges
- The judge is highly encouraged to use the score sheet as a guide to assigning a final score for each submission
Criteria for Scoring Track of the Year submissions (each judged on a scale of 1 to 10):
- Creativity - Introduces an original approach to the genre and/or introduces a fusion of genres that pair well
- Sonic Characteristics - Demonstrates strong knowledge of the sonic elements critical to composition
- Overall Production - The audio has consistent sound levels, is consistent and of the highest quality
- Genre Accuracy - The audio quality is in character with the genre and the composition achieved its intention, consistent with the genre
Criteria for Scoring Best Use submissions (each judged on a scale of 1 to 10):
- Creativity - Introduces an original approach in the music used for a particular production
- Overall Production - Strong edit points, overall sound levels and sonic characteristics are judged here
- Contributes to / Enhances the Message - Does the music contribute to the overall message? Does it enhance the message? Or does it take away from it?
Criteria for Scoring Best Cover Art submissions (each judged on a scale of 1 to 10):
- Creativity - Introduces an original approach
- Overall Production - The graphic is of the highest quality and demonstrates strong design skill
- Contributes to / Enhances the Music - Does the album cover give you a sense of the music and help tell the story?